[AGA Member] Re: iron testers

> EDTA, DTPA, EDDHA are all stronger chelates than the gluconate used in
> Seachem's products.  One or more iron fertilizers on the market use
> the stronger chelates.

Roger,

Great summary overall.  Just one thing I wanted to add, based on what you
and others have outlined, I switched to a cocktail of iron (right now
TMG+Flourish Fe for traces, will add Plantex CSM to this mix soon) a few
months ago.  This way I'll have iron available from three different
chelating agents and hopefully one or two of them will do the trick.  It
really doesn't add much to total cost or trouble and buys yourself
dollar-cost-averaging type of insurance against potential bad chelators...

Cheers,
Jeff Ludwig
Elkton, MD