Re: [AGA Member] some planted tank-loach quarantine questions

for rooting loaches ... try a small square of slate on the bottom. It's a constant shoving match between my yoyos, kuhlis and rubber noses. I had to add several, and they still would rather fight over the same one ;-) when they aren't sleeping in one big dog pile.

bob

From: "Tbarber" <terbarb@alltel.net>
To: <aga-member@thekrib.com>
Subject: Re: [AGA Member] some planted tank-loach quarantine questions
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 07:55:45 -0500

I have 3 different types of loaches in my tank.  Yoyo, striated and skunk.
They have been very hardy and no problems with any disease.  There has also
been no problem with the substrate - i am using flourite.

However, I did have two cory cats that lost all of thier barbels and
eventually died.  I don't know if it was the substrate or the pesky loaches
to blame - I have wondered if the loaches didn't nip them off?

Also, the only complaint I have about them is that they do root around the
bottom of the tank and they have dislodged some stem plants here and there.
Nothing major - minor annoyance.

They definitely are snail eating machines and fun to watch.

Terry Barber in GA