Re: [AGA Member] Re: fish/plant light -- or - Have you got lots of options or what?

> So the only question is how could you cram 8 T12s into a 19.5 inch wide
hood when the width of a reflector is 3" and you want some additional gap in
order to close the hood.

> Aviel.

Yes, the only question is space.  My hood only has a flat white background
as a reflector.  It is also 12 inches above the tank.  My hood has an inside
width of 17.5 inches, but it is suspended and totally accessible.  I have
about 1.25 inches between bulbs.

If you have a 19.5 inch width and you try 8 bulbs the clearance between
bulbs goes down to .94 inches.   You can't do this with reflectors (no
room).

If you are using good reflectors you probably don't need 8 bulbs.  People
are now saying that with the Aquarium Hobbyist Supply (AHS) reflectors and
their PC bulbs 2 W/G is plenty.  More like 3 W/G NO fluorescent with a flat
white background.

Its just a low-tech option.  Not necessarily your best option.

Steve Pituch