Re: [AGA Member] convention

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, roger wrote:

> Some time back I spent almost a week at the Crystal City Marriot.  It was
> expensive; if memory serves, it was something like $280/night.  Are we going
> to have to deal with that kind of rate this year?

No way eh!  $99/night is the aga room rate.  Think what you guys might of
AGA management, we refuse to spring that kind of !*&@$ on everyone.
Scott, Rick, Larry and the gang spent a lot of time negotiating a good
deal on the hotel.  The registration fee is also quite reasonable -- $49
for the first 50 people, then $59 after that.  Since the board began
taking a more active role in the conventions (starting with 2003), it has
been an important goal that these be affordable, and GWAPA has made this
succeed for the 2nd year in a row.

  - Erik

PS: Registrations will be up real soon now on the website.  Look for
the umpteenth convention announcement after we finish getting a few
details ironyd out.

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com