Re: [AGA Member] Aquabotanic Aquascaping Contest

I believe Bailin has offered an apology for the stronger
aspects of his post and in so doing presented a greater
tolerance and udnerstanding than his post suggested. I
didn't think it was in bad taste and I don't think he does
either, now.

I unintentionally incited this etextual "confrontation" and
I implore all parties for it's end.

My original comment was directed at me hawking the AGA
Convention as much as anyone mentioning the AB Aquascaping
Contest (there, I mentioned both, again :-)  ) In fact, my
post wasn't really funny unless one noticed also the footer
on my post -- that was the real kicker. I just thought the
footer on the Carlos post funny, somewhat out of place in
the context. I know that footer was placed by MSN and not
the sender. The footer on my message was equally out of
place on that particular post of mine. None of the AB
contest posts were wrong. Nor mine as intended. There was
just irony between the message bodies and the footers. The
irony was in the combination of text not in who sent the
text. There was nothing more to it than that, just what was
in the the lines of text and nothing between the lines. It
wasn't meant to be personal.

There are plenty more reasons for detente than for
confrontation. Perhaps we are all misunderstood or
missunderstand a bit in this particular thread. But let's
focus on why we all came here. Because it's more fun to do
this gardening stuff together than alone.

Let this be the last in this thread, we've all things to do
-- some of them things we should be doing together. Being
who we are, I'm sure Robert and I have more wisecracks to
think up, about this, that or the other thing. But no
swords are drawn.

respectfully,
sh

=====
S. Hieber
Aquascaping by Takashi Amano and more at
the AGA 2004 Annual Convention
Nov 12, 13 & 14; Marriott Crystal Gateway, Arlington, Virginia, USA
Aquatic Gardeners Association www.aquatic-gardeners.org