[AGA Member] Re: Anubias and Anubis the god

 From my copy of _Dictionary of Plant Names -- The pronunciation, derivation
and meaning of botanical names, and their common-name equivalents_ by Allen
J. Coombes, ISBN 0-88192-023-1

Anubias  (Araceae) From Anubis the ancient Egyptian god. Aquarium plants.
  afzelli -- After Adam Afzelius (1750-1837) who collected in W. Africa.
Sierra Leone.
 congensis -- Of the Congo W. Africa.
 nana -- Dwarf. Camaroons.

Ann Viverette

> Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:53:15 +0300
> From: "Faruk Gencoz" <fgencoz@metu.edu.tr>
> Subject: [AGA Member] Anubias and Anubis the god
>
> Hi,
>
> I am a new member, working at a university in the psychology department.
As