Re: [AGA Member] Re:Re:Aquabotanic Aquascaping Contest--or TakingNotice of how things Ad up

While I appreciate Scott's well-worded attempt to make this all go away, I have additional comments, mostly to clarify a few things for our members. In sum, AGA has no problem with AB. :-)

Robert H wrote:

I am sure you and Scott have now sufficiently embarrassed
Carlos so he will never post any more announcements about the AB contest
here again. Be happy.

Carlos is a big boy. He can speak for himself. :-) The AGA Board of Directors has not discussed this issue, at least not since I've been around. So our silence, and that of the vast majority of our members on this list, indicates that no, we don't really have any problem with AB posting announcements of this nature. So Carlos has nothing to be embarrassed about. And personally, I have nothing but respect for someone who belives in our hobby so strongly that they are willing to spend scads of personal time on it. Been there, done that.

How is my business any of your business or concern?

It's not.

Why should you care what I do?

We don't.

What are you saying? I shouldn't be a member of the AGA?

No, no one is saying that.

The AGA has no problem supporting Mr. Gombergs many business ventures.

Just to clarify, AGA is not "supporting" Mr. Gomberg. Mr. Gomberg has in the past come to the Board with business opportunities of mutual interest. Sometimes the Board has accepted, sometimes the Board has declined. Also, I would like to point out that Mr. Gomberg ran the AGA Bookstore *as a volunteer* for quite some time and has used his many business ventures as a vehicle to promote the AGA whenever possible.

Many of my forums members are very
dedicated AGA members, and give me more flack than you ever could if I say
one bad thing about AGA.

Happy to hear that. I hear good things about your forums from other AGA members.

Just the fact that a simple announcment could generate such a heated
response from you is a sign that there is much more to this that is not
being said, and it's a shame because we all do share the same interest. That
is the bottom line.

To me, the bottom line is that this was a misunderstanding between you personally, and Bailin personally, which I thought was already resolved.

Everything's cool, y'all. I'm more interested in Anubias' nose right now.

Cheryl Rogers
Membership Chair