[AGA Member] Raising GH

While you can raise the KH & GH by using Baking Soda, I'm concerned
about the abruptness of the change that could result, and the possible
"yo-yoing" of the water's chemistries.
In my 30 gallon tank, to raise my KH & GH, I simply went to the local
fish store and purchased a 2 pound bag of crushed coral.
I have, literally, two pinches of the coral in my filter on the return side
so the returning water passes through it.
It raised my GH & KH slowly to where I want it, and as the coral
dissolves, I replace it a pinch at a time.  In over 5 years, I still have
over a pound and a half remaining.

Frank

multipart/alternative
  text/html