Re: Ynt: [AGA Member] Anubias

I do not know why the rhizome is cylindrical. There
could be many reasons. I do know that evolution takes
a long time ;). The reason I say that the rhizome is
photosynthetic is that it has a green pigment, and the
only green pigment I know of in plants is chlorophyll.
Chlorophyll requires light to fix carbon. I also know
that many plants are photosynthetic at the rhizome
:0). But do not take my word for it. It would be nice
if a plant biologist could chime in.

david