Re: [AGA Member] Malaysian trumpet snails

I have MTS in my tanks & find them useful for two reasons. First, they do eat algae and help keep the tank looking nice. Second, they are a good indication of overfeeding - when I feed too much, the snail population explodes; when I am feeding the correct amount, they are kept in check.

The are called trumpet snails because of their shape, different from the trumpeter swan, so-called because of the sound it makes.

rs

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---