[AGA Member] Re: My Nails are Still Wet

Thankyou very much! I do have one Liquid Nails non-caulk-gun squeezy tube floating around here, "Household Projects" as I recall. Will go and look what it is.
<rummage rummage>

S. Hieber wrote:

Liquid Nails is respected brand name for a variety of
adhesives (and a boatload of related substances/products)
with a variety of diff compounds, most of which contain
some amount of various rubber materials. Some are
water-clean-up; some are solvent (paint thinner) clean-up.
It's original use was for joining pieces of wood without
nails. It's especially useful for putting up wall paneling,
making air-tight seams in loudspeaker cabinets, and joining
particle board (which hates screws). There's a version sets
quickly and which is wonderful for putting ceiling molding
without nailing!

The full product list is here:

http://www.liquidnails.com/productlist.html

Take your pick to suit your purpose ;-)

The solvent types have rather nasty fumes until fully
cured; the water-clean-up types are much less nasty.

Liquid Nails comes in small metal tubes like airplane glue,
in caulk-gun sized tubes and even larger. It's pretty
inexpensive.

The solvent types adhere best and adhere to almost
anything.

The brand name is now being used to market a line or more
ordinary glues (like so-called household cement). The "Tub
Surrounds & Shower Walls
Adhesive (LN-915)" is a likely candidate for the yeast cap.

Liquid Nails is to wood joinery what duct tape is to, well,
to just about everything (Catch old reruns of the "Red
Green" show for lots of tips -- he always had a segment on
duct tape, which he claims is the first material of choice
for any job  ;-)  )

Scott H.
--- Ann Viverette <annv777@houston.rr.com> wrote:

Heather,
I have used Liquid nails on the outside of the cap only
and it has held
wonderfully. I have even used it on an active generator,
where the silicone
was leaking under pressure -- I peeled off the silicone
and generously
appplied Liquid Nails to the junction. The seal held then
and has held ever
since. Liquid Nails is a clear caulk (?) found at Walmart
or Home Depot, or
if you are lucky, out in your garage.