From: "S. Hieber" <shieber@yahoo.com>
To: "Aquatic Gardeners Association Member Chat" <aga-member@thekrib.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 8:44 PM
Subject: Re: [AGA-Member] Potassium Test Kit

Yep. A test kit isn't of much value unless you know what
the numbers mean -- to much? too little?

There was an APD discussion a few months back about excess
potassium possibly causing some leaf distortion.

My experience, limited as it is, is that whatever the safe
range is, it is pretty darned wide, and I'd rather err on
the side of a little more than needed than too little.

sh
--- morcarmy@012.net.il wrote:

> i dont know if someone can answer u how much K is too
> much. its all depending on the other elements such as
> other chemicals, light, your GH/KH reading etc.
> never used K test, and also would like to learn about
> this product
> >
> > From: "Paul Byham" <plbyham@bigpond.com>
> > Date: 2004/08/24 â PM 12:03:12 GMT+03:00
> > To: <aga-member@thekrib.com>
> > Subject: [AGA-Member] Potassium Test Kit
> >
> > Has anyone tried the potassium test kit by Aquarium
> Landscapes - which is a division of Fish-vet Inc.??
> > Does it work? is it accurate? How much potassium is too
> much?
> >
> > Paul Byham
> > EDAS Plant Study Group Member
> > Melbourne, Australia.

=====
Want to get dirty but stay clean?

Diana Walstad, author of _Ecology of the Planted Aquarium_ will discuss soil
supplemented aquarium substrates at the 2004 AGA Convention.

Convention Details/Registration at aquatic-gardeners.org & gwapa.org