From: "Rachel Sandage" <rachelsor@hotmail.com>
To: "Aquatic Gardeners Association Member Chat" <aga-member@thekrib.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 1:50 AM
Subject: Re: [AGA-Member] Aponogeton boivinanus

I grew it for a while. I had it in my 29G low-light tank (1 WPG)
supplemented with Flourish & Flourish excel, plain gravel substrate for
about a year. It didn't do very well - it would grow 3-4 leaves at a time,
about 9" long.

Then I put it in my 3 wpg, CO2, flourite substrate, heavily fertilized tank,
and it absolutely took off - many leaves, most 20" or longer. I had to take
it out because it was just too big.

While it was in both tanks, it would periodically shoot up a flower. I never
tried to do anything with propagating it, so I can't answer about that. Cool
looking plant.

rs