To: "Aquatic Gardeners Association Member Chat" <aga-member@thekrib.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 3:52 AM
Subject: Re: [AGA-Member] Algae eaters

I have had good luck with Siamese Algae Eaters (SAEs), please see the Krib website's article on identifying them as opposed to flying foxes. I do not find aggression problems with my older ones. I do find that they don't eat as much algae, that younger ones seem to eat more algae. That just suggests to me the intriguing idea that their food sources in the wild may change as they get really big and old and whale-sized.
Side question--has anybody foun out how to breed SAEs?

Nickeydundee@aol.com wrote:

Hello All,
Question about algae eaters in a discus tank. I have found out the meaning of attack Otto's. They love the coats of discus they did however eat a lot of algae. What else is out there that will eat up some algae?? Thank you

                                           AZ

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.7.2 - Release Date: 1/21/05