Re: [AGA-Member] Algae eaters

Cheryl, we all want your Otos! More of your kind of Otos!
(makes me wonder about regional subspecies...)
Ten or fifteen years ago I had side-sucker issues, but it was so long ago (yes, pre-planted tank days) I'm not sure now if it was Otos or Chinese algae eaters or both.
Also wanted to thank you for getting me the missing TAG magazine, I got it really quickly!
Thanks!
Heather

Cheryl Rogers wrote:

Not doubting you here, but I have NEVER observed aggressive behavior in my Otos. Most of the time I don't even know they are there. In fact, a few years ago I kept buying more because I never saw them and I thought they were dying. Then I broke down the tank and discovered about a dozen of the little guys!

Cheryl

Hello All,
Question about algae eaters in a discus tank. I have found out the
meaning of attack Otto's. They love the coats of discus they did however eat a
lot of algae. What else is out there that will eat up some algae?? Thank you

AZ

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.7.2 - Release Date: 1/21/05