[AGA-Member] correct balance of fish

Hello All,
        Thank you the help with the  algae eaters.. I have eleven discus in a
90 gallon and before the addition of  them I wasn't having any problem with
algae. I had only three discus in the tank  and things were going smooth plants
growing etc. So, I am left by reasoning and  by the removal of the oto's that
maybe I put to many fish in the tank and have  upset the balance and made it
more suitable for the algae then plants. Has  anyone ran into this problem?