RE: [AGA-Member] undergravel heaters

Nora,

The apparent consensus that, while undergravel heaters may have some value, there are better things to spend your money on seems right on.

If you want to try them though, there is no reason not to.  AZOO makes a very serviceable 110 vac cable kit that is fairly inexpensive.  If you later decide not to use them there is no harm done as you can simply turn them off and leave them in the tank.  Don't get too caught up in the 110 vac versus 12 vdc debate.  You should be using a GFI breaker on any tank and the cables that I've used are very well made.  I've used three sets of the AZOO cables for a combined 6 years with no issues.

I think Aquatic Eco Systems carries them.

Lyndle Schenck