RE: [AGA-Member] undergravel heaters

George and Karla Booth's excellent web site is well worth
visiting time and again for all it's useful info and
beautiful pictures. George and Karla's web site inspired
many of us to become serious about having fun growing
plants underwater.

George is the only accomlished aquatic gardener that I know
of that might still advocate the use of substrate heater
cables for any unique benefits that they might provide
versus conventional heating in a planted tank. If they make
any diff in how plants look or how an aquarium performs,
some of the best aquatic gardeners in the country are,
after all these years, hard pressed to discern it.

The Booth site is a treasure. [But skip the cables]. ;-)

sh