Re: [AGA-Member] Very Big Swords

Good observation, Rich,

To it I'd add that sometimes the magic works and sometimes
. . .

Well, it' s bit of luck, I think, to get the rosette to
send up and support new growth when it can't carry on any
photosynthesis at all. But then, a lot of plants start out
that ways ;-) With some remaining leaves, the "recovery" is
faster.

Btw, just out of curiosuity, which "Kleiner bar" plant did
you get? The little plant that stays little (the little
bear) or the big one one that's been passing and that so
many vendors seem to be to proferring?

sh
--- RMGTBTS@aol.com wrote:

> cheryl
>
> i had a Kliner Bar come in from an online dealer that was
> in very bad shape
> ( the leaves were closer to a Madagascar Lace than a
> sword!).
>
> i removed (10?) all but one leaf, disgustedly threw my
> $15 "plant" in a
> plastic bin, (was moving to boston from houston) and 6
> weeks later finally put it
> in a tank.
>
> 3 months later it had 6-leaves. 6 months later it put out
> a bloom stalk  that
> i got two nice pups from.
>
> if they are growing  that well i bet you could remove ALL
> the leaves  and the
> plant would just go into leaf production mode.
>
> lets see what the "experts"  :)
>
> rich green

Plants and DVDs for sale at the AGA table at the ACA 2005 Annual Convention, Fort Worth, Texas on July 21-24, 2005.
ACA Convention Details at

http://www.aca2005.org/