Re: [AGA-Member] Possibilities of Sozo Haishoku

No, you missunderstood me. I was refering to Amano as a
perfectionist. And the deterioration is the depletion of
the kind of substrates he uses.

How much you can get from bacteria depends on aseveral
factors and he might not be employing them all.

sh

--- Troy E Hendrickson <t_hendrickson@qwest.net> wrote:

> The main source of nutrients in your substrate are the
> result of bacteria,
> both aerobic and anaerobic, breaking down waste,
> therefore they are
> replenished if your substrate is capable of supporting
> the process, so I
> would have to disagree with you in part. Some substrates
> may deteriorate,
> others get better.
>
> I'm neither a perfectionist nor an artist, but I know
> that science is as
> much a part of this hobby as is technique, and I
> certainly haven't seen
> anything I would call deterioration in my tanks that
> would make me want to
> destroy a balanced system that I have worked hard to
> achieve, and the
> science supports my "technique" as it does anything Amano
> does.

Plants and DVDs for sale at the AGA table at the ACA 2005 Annual Convention, Fort Worth, Texas on July 21-24, 2005.
ACA Convention Details at

http://www.aca2005.org/