RE: [AGA-Member] Removal of Tuft Algae

Yes, the SAEs will pretty much take care of the fine, thin
strand stuff. Adding CO2 seems to help a lot also.

Scott H.

--- Kirsten Klinghammer <klingham@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Keep in mind too that some fish will eat the stuff.  I'm
> drawing a blank now
> whether it was my Siamese algae eaters or my royal
> farlowella who polished
> off my black hair algae, but as I have them and my otos,
> I never need to do
> anything related to algae - they take care of it all.  As
> a matter of fact,
> I need to feed them supplemental greens so they stay
> healthy and happy!
>
> If you don't use the hydrogen peroxide and do have the
> fish, I would just
> pluck off as much of the algae as you can (maybe use a
> scrub brush), then
> let the fish finish the job.  Good luck either way!
>
> Kirsten

So far it looks like this might be the biggest year ever for Aquascaping Contest entries from countries outside of North America.

Share the fun; show your work.
The AGA's 6th Annual International Aquascaping Contest is open.

The deadline for submissions to the AGA Aquascaping contest is September 15.

Entries are only $5 and for that half a sawbuck you can have your AGA entry automatically entered in the ADA (Aqua Design Amano) contest for free, a savings in time and shipping costs!

Check it out at:
http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org