Re: [AGA-Member] Removal of Tuft Algae

Based on my experience, dosing Excel, even in a high-tech system CO2 injected
system, grows plants better.
My theory behind this is, that during the lighted period, when plants are
photosynthesizing, the dissolved CO2 levels drop considerably.
By having an alternative carbon source available during this 'low CO2 level'
period, plants do better.
In addtion, a lot of people have reported back that indeed, using Excel helps
them get rid of BBA / tuft / red algae. I've experienced that myself repeatedly
with the expected results.

Also, dosing Flourish Excel is not a replacement for Flourish Trace /
Flourish etc.
You should keep dosing Flourish to replenish your trace elements.

As for DIY Excel - I havent found anything that's safe yet. Maybe someone else
can chime in. I usually get the 2 liter bottle - at $22 its more cost
effective and
lasts me quite a while.