[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Index by Month]

[AGA-Member] Co2 problems!

Hello all, My name is Matt and Im fairly new to this orginazation but it is a pleasure to find and be a part of it. I'm having a problem with my newly set up pressurized co2 system. A few weeks ago I ordered a AZOO pressure regulator with magnetic valve, and needle valve. After it arrived I went to a local welding supply house and picked up a 5 lb. co2 tank went home and set it all up. I adjusted the co2 flow to the desired amount and all seemed to be working great and continued to work so for about a week or so.
Any way about a week later i was observing things and noticed that the amount of pearling in the aquarium had decreased so i checked over some things to find out that the problem appeared to be that less co2 was being released from the regulator. So i checked things out there were no leaks, my check valve on the air line tubing is working fine but still for some reason a lesser amount of gas being released.
Not knowing what the problem could be i adjusted the needle valve opening it a bit more to get the desired bubble flow (around 3 bubbles a second or so) and it continued to work fine for the rest of the day. At night the lights shut off and so does the timer for the co2 valve, and in the morning it comes back on with the lights. So i figured I better check things out to make sure it was still working properly only to find that the flow rate had slowed down again to almost nothing.... maybe about 1 bubble about ever 5 to 10 seconds. Not my desired level. Baffled by what appeared to be happening over night I checked ever thing over again looking for leaks making sure all was hook up tightly with still the slow flow I went ahead and opened the needle valve further back to the desired flow rate and once again things worked fine for the rest of the day. at night everything shut off, and in the morning when it all came back on I checked things out to see what was going on.... with the same result as the day before.... for some unknown reason the flow rate has slowed to almost nothing at all. I cant figure out what would be causing this? has anyone else ever had any problems similar to this? or have any idea at all what could be causing this strang decrease in my flow rate after the magnetic valve shuts off and then comes back on in the morning?
From what I under stand I should be able to set the needle valve to a desired rate of flow, and every time that the magnetic valve opens again it should resum at that flow rate making it all fine to be left alone every day until the tank needs refilled..... and I cant figure out why things would be acting in the way that they are..... Any help at all that could be offered would be GREATLY appriciated..... I am fianally getting things with this aquarium to a point that I am really pleased with it all.... but this has been testing and rather frustrating to say the least.... espically after spending a very nice sized piece of change on this equipment to get the desired co2 levels i wanted in my tank with out having to do daily maintance to achive it..... thanks a lot for any help you can all give me!
Matt Scarnecchia
Youngstown, Ohio

Don?t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/

AGA-Member mailing list