[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Index by Month]

Re: [AGA-Member] Co2 problems!

I used to have this same problem with my setup, but fortunately my needle valve has a nut to tighten the needle into position.  I would still have to open it farther than needed, tighten, and wait a day to see how it was.  Eventually, I got it right and it's stabilized and has been working very well now for over a year.

matt scarnecchia <colonel594@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hello all, My name is Matt and Im fairly new to this orginazation but it is 
a pleasure to find and be a part of it. I'm having a problem with my newly 
set up pressurized co2 system. A few weeks ago I ordered a AZOO pressure 
regulator with magnetic valve, and needle valve. After it arrived I went to 
a local welding supply house and picked up a 5 lb. co2 tank went home and 
set it all up. I adjusted the co2 flow to the desired amount and all seemed 
to be working great and continued to work so for about a week or so.
Any way about a week later i was observing things and noticed that the 
amount of pearling in the aquarium had decreased so i checked over some 
things to find out that the problem appeared to be that less co2 was being 
released from the regulator. So i checked things out there were no leaks, my 
check valve on the air line tubing is working fine but still for some reason 
a lesser amount of gas being released.
Not knowing what the problem could be i adjusted the needle valve 
opening it a bit more to get the desired bubble flow (around 3 bubbles a 
second or so) and it continued to work fine for the rest of the day. At 
night the lights shut off and so does the timer for the co2 valve, and in 
the morning it comes back on with the lights. So i figured I better check 
things out to make sure it was still working properly only to find that the 
flow rate had slowed down again to almost nothing.... maybe about 1 bubble 
about ever 5 to 10 seconds. Not my desired level. Baffled by what appeared 
to be happening over night I checked ever thing over again looking for leaks 
making sure all was hook up tightly with still the slow flow I went ahead 
and opened the needle valve further back to the desired flow rate and once 
again things worked fine for the rest of the day. at night everything shut 
off, and in the morning when it all came back on I checked things out to see 
what was going on.... with the same result as the day before.... for some 
unknown reason the flow rate has slowed to almost nothing at all. I cant 
figure out what would be causing this? has anyone else ever had any problems 
similar to this? or have any idea at all what could be causing this strang 
decrease in my flow rate after the magnetic valve shuts off and then comes 
back on in the morning?
>From what I under stand I should be able to set the needle valve to a 
desired rate of flow, and every time that the magnetic valve opens again it 
should resum at that flow rate making it all fine to be left alone every day 
until the tank needs refilled..... and I cant figure out why things would be 
acting in the way that they are..... Any help at all that could be offered 
would be GREATLY appriciated..... I am fianally getting things with this 
aquarium to a point that I am really pleased with it all.... but this has 
been testing and rather frustrating to say the least.... espically after 
spending a very nice sized piece of change on this equipment to get the 
desired co2 levels i wanted in my tank with out having to do daily maintance 
to achive it..... thanks a lot for any help you can all give me!
Matt Scarnecchia
Youngstown, Ohio

Don?t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! 

AGA-Member mailing list

Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
AGA-Member mailing list