Re: [AGA-Member] Co2 problems!

I used to have this same problem with my setup, but fortunately my needle valve has a nut to tighten the needle into position.  I would still have to open it farther than needed, tighten, and wait a day to see how it was.  Eventually, I got it right and it's stabilized and has been working very well now for over a year.

matt scarnecchia <colonel594@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hello all, My name is Matt and Im fairly new to this orginazation but it is
a pleasure to find and be a part of it. I'm having a problem with my newly
set up pressurized co2 system. A few weeks ago I ordered a AZOO pressure
regulator with magnetic valve, and needle valve. After it arrived I went to
a local welding supply house and picked up a 5 lb. co2 tank went home and
set it all up. I adjusted the co2 flow to the desired amount and all seemed
to be working great and continued to work so for about a week or so.
Any way about a week later i was observing things and noticed that the
amount of pearling in the aquarium had decreased so i checked over some
things to find out that the problem appeared to be that less co2 was being
released from the regulator. So i checked things out there were no leaks, my
check valve on the air line tubing is working fine but still for some reason
a lesser amount of gas being released.
Not knowing what the problem could be i adjusted the needle valve
opening it a bit more to get the desired bubble flow (around 3 bubbles a
second or so) and it continued to work fine for the rest of the day. At
night the lights shut off and so does the timer for the co2 valve, and in
the morning it comes back on with the lights. So i figured I better check
things out to make sure it was still working properly only to find that the
flow rate had slowed down again to almost nothing.... maybe about 1 bubble
about ever 5 to 10 seconds. Not my desired level. Baffled by what appeared
to be happening over night I checked ever thing over again looking for leaks
making sure all was hook up tightly with still the slow flow I went ahead
and opened the needle valve further back to the desired flow rate and once
again things worked fine for the rest of the day. at night everything shut
off, and in the morning when it all came back on I checked things out to see
what was going on.... with the same result as the day before.... for some
unknown reason the flow rate has slowed to almost nothing at all. I cant
figure out what would be causing this? has anyone else ever had any problems
similar to this? or have any idea at all what could be causing this strang
decrease in my flow rate after the magnetic valve shuts off and then comes
back on in the morning?
>From what I under stand I should be able to set the needle valve to a
desired rate of flow, and every time that the magnetic valve opens again it
should resum at that flow rate making it all fine to be left alone every day
until the tank needs refilled..... and I cant figure out why things would be
acting in the way that they are..... Any help at all that could be offered
would be GREATLY appriciated..... I am fianally getting things with this
aquarium to a point that I am really pleased with it all.... but this has
been testing and rather frustrating to say the least.... espically after
spending a very nice sized piece of change on this equipment to get the
desired co2 levels i wanted in my tank with out having to do daily maintance
to achive it..... thanks a lot for any help you can all give me!
Sincerely,
Matt Scarnecchia
Youngstown, Ohio