off topic appeal for info

Hi,
I have an aquarist from St Petersburg, recently moved to Canada and not
online, calling me for help on a topic I can't answer. He keeps those
big cup and saucer, flat Discus things, and his new fish have gill
flukes. He isn't familiar with North American over the counter fish
medications. If anyone out there is offended by my distaste for Discus,
or keeps the things, can you suggest a good medication for him?
Thanks,
Gary