Re: dwarf fish

K & D Martin wrote:

> Are brichardi dwarves/shell dlers?  I'm looking for a nice fish for an
> office tank, but it will only be about 5.5 gallons, or one of those
> small eclipse tanks, the all in one design and would really like to
> have a piar of shell dwellers to put in it.  I recently bought some
> brichardi, they are a whitey blue color now, think a male and female,
> very small, only about 1-1.5 inch big now but one has a very pointed
> end to its tails and the other doesn't, it is pretty straight.  i'm
> new to this species, have kribs and rams and some large SA cichlids
> and some johannis in another tank, i have 5 tanks, all different
> types.
>
> thanks, kym

Kym,
Other than fry, I can't think of a cichlid I'd keep in a 5 gallon.
Certainly not brichardis. It'd get ugly, and the corpses would be worse
than the show. I don't know about shell-dwellers, as i don't keep them.
The only fish I can think of in the scope of this list would be
Apistogramma borelli, or Apistogrammoides pucallpaensis.
Gary