Re: White stringy feces

Cory and Susanne Williamson wrote:
The fish is tank bred, so worms should not be a problem (I don't have
> any F1 wild fish).

Be careful of that assumption, Cory. I've had tank-bred, artificially
selected color forms of Apistos (cacas, oops, bad slang - cacatuoides
with this thread...) with red worms protruding from their anuses soon
after I got them. Parasites also get into tank bred fish.
Watch that one very closely, so that if the problem flares up, it
doesn't run away on you. I'm losing a nice female njisseni to a
bacterial infection. I know it from experience, although the initial
symptoms (a lesion) are gone. The fish is in good colour, but from her
breathing, she's toast. Over the counter antibiotics are illegal where I
am, so I can't treat rare problems like this quickly (black markets are
slow). Trust your instincts on these problems.
Gary