Re: Feeder fish

Colin
I am breeding from wild Crenicichla regani and neither parents, fry etc get
fed "feeder fish".  I know there are some aquarists who may do but this is
against my nature.  My dwarf pikes are fed frozen bloodworm, brine shrimp,
live adult brine shrimp, earth worms, white worms frozen prawns.  If they
were not happy with this variety of foods they would not be in condition to
breed successfully.  I have a very good friend who houses many different
large pike species and he has never fed them with feeder fish.  I may or may
not be the minority in my views re feeder fish but it is not necessary - I
think.
Helen