Re: PH

Edison writes:

> Will the wrong PH lessen the resistance of Apistos?  Will this make them
>  constantly in stress?  Could they adapt to a higher PH?

High pH will make apistos less likely to spawn.  If it is accompanied by high
hardness, it will make it less likely that viable eggs will actually hatch.
If pH is very high (over 8.0)  it is my experience that Apistogrammas will
not survive long.

Within the normal pH ranges of Apistos, a variation will affect the sex ratio
of the fry.

Bob Dixon
Cichlid Trader List Administrator
http://cichlidtrader.listbot.com