RE: ...no subject...

Can somebody tell me how long it takes before a female cackatoo is ready to
spawn again.
**With good feeding a female can spawn again in two weeks or so but if
leading fry she is probably happy to look after them for at least a month
before spawning again.

And if you read my previous mail to the list, is it maybe a solution to put
an extra female in the tank (so that the male has something to keep him busy

while the other female is taking care off her eggs/fry) to keep the male
away
from eggs and fry?
**I wouldn't put another female in the tank if she already has fry as the
female and also perhaps the male will try and kill the new addition.  If she
is not then maybe you could add another one.  What size is your tank?  It
must be long enough to give two females enough space.  I'd say you could
keep two females in a tank 60cm long; others would advise on a bigger tank.
Provide plenty caves bogwood and plants.

Regards,
Ken - Scotland.