RE: A. cacatuoides.

....she nevers
seems to be happy and no eggs have yet materialise.....

The next stage in the "courting dance" in most of the dwarfs is for the
female to bend her body in a "C" shape, as if she is trying to view her tail
with one of her eyes, with the spot on the outer lateral line (or other
obvious mid-body coloration) positioned towards the male. She will then use
this dance routine lure the male to her chosen cave - she can be very
persistent if he is not in the mood, I've observed this to sporadically go
on for two days. In a few dwarfs, I have also scene this occur when a male
has been introduced to a females tank, but I have only done this when a
female is in breading condition.

Scot