RE: Shell Dwellers?

Oops on that last one guys, I meant to keep it off list, since I didn't oh
well.

Bailin....where did you find the boulengeri....I have been looking for
those guys forever.
I hear they are alittle more aggressive then the typical shell dwellers
and harder to spawn, but look like beautiful fish.  I buffer my water with
magnesium carbonate and calcium carbonate.  Lots of shells in the tank.
Cichlid exchange does a nice job with the Lake T. salts.

On another note for Kym (KD Martin), Ad Konings book is awesome...you can
get it from ACA http://www.persforum.com/acamember (if that is a member
only site then try the general aca site, or the cichlid exchange sells
them as well).
On shell dwellers  Neolamprologus (and occasionaly the species are under
lamprologus..the names keep changing even in the last
year)...multifasciatus, similus, gold occelatus and speciousus are all
good.  I have spawned all those guys as well as the pearly occelatus...aka
mellagrus...the later was much more aggressive.  The speciosus are really
pretty fish and I don't see them around a lot, I thought they were much
milder than the gold occelatus who can get aggressive with each other.

Kathy England is a good source in texas....I know she is part of the Texas
Cichlid assoc.

On the Brichardi, we spawned those in a 60 gallon, definitely go with the
35 gallon tank.  10 is way too small and you would likely see aggression
soon.
In a 5 gallon tank I would say think about killis, livebearers, or as some
people have said borelli.  I never do apisto's in smaller than a 10, but
have heard of others doing 5 gallon tanks.  David Soares, believe in 20
gallons or up for his fish.

Kathy