Re: unscientific observation

Gary,

Mike does an awesome job with evolutionary possibilities and apisto's.
I don't think these guys are along the same drainage systems, but would
have to pull out Mike's info to decide (since we have the source though,
it is better from him than I).  The hippolytae spot is higher on the
lateral line, not the same family group, but I would love to see them side
to side like you are.

I would have to rearrange some tanks to do that!!  Any chance of talking
you into taking a few pictures.

BTW I love observations, sometimes I don't think we draw enough on the
scientific/unscientific observations of others.  I use to discount my
observations as a hobbyist, especially in the presence of the "Scientific
Leaders/Speakers" until they told me often it is the hobbyist that picks
things up first and brings it to their attention.

On our Amazon collecting trip, I didn't think we found anything of
importance, just cool fish for us, then Dr Chao (?spelling), said two of
the species we found change the current thinking in the field.  One was a
larval/young catfish fry...they thought the parents went to the Andes to
spawn, if that was the case we would never have found one as small, where
we did.

Anyways you get the idea.
I like hearing the observations.

Thanks