re: Re: ...no subject...

Hi Don,

In the room where my tank is standing there's absolutely no light during the
night. But early in the morning (still dark outside) and hours before my
aquarium lights are switched on I open my "window-protection" (sorry, don't
know the English word for that) so that the shock from dark to light is not
to sudden. So I must stress that (to my surprise) my fish really spawned in
absolute darkness!
Reacting to the issue of the colour of eggs. The previous eggs of this couple
were coral-red and fertile (I had the luck to see some of the fry for a short
time before the last ones were eaten by the male), the eggs my fish have now
look more pink but they look fertile because they tend to become a bit darker
after three days and there are no fungi. I hope that my male leaves me some
eggs so that I can see if these eggs were also fertile. The difference in
colour is really striking and can not depend of the food because this didn't
change too much in this three weeks. Can the spot were they put there eggs
make a difference for the colour?

raf