Re: Blue-green algae

Francine,

Usually you can use Erythromycin(Maracyn) to treat blue green algae, not
sure what the effect would be on the fry.  I try to avoid using
antibiotics if at all possible......this plague will not hurt the fish.
If I get this in a tank...the tank is out of balance, what I do is add
some fast growing plants (green hygo, water sprite, floating plants), and
do more frequent water changes, eventually it goes away.

Kathy

PS also probably provides infusoria for the fry