Re: RE:A. cacatuoides, what's wrong?

-----Original Message-----
From: Scot Gillespie <Scot.Gillespie@epsedin.co.uk>
To: 'apisto@majordomo.pobox.com' <apisto@majordomo.pobox.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2000 7:09 AM
Subject: RE:A. cacatuoides, what's wrong?

>One other male "temperament adjuster" I have used; tape a small mirror on
>the outside of the tank facing inwards at a corner for a few hours each day
>or so. The male will be diverted into challenging this incommer, and keep a
>watch for him returning.
>
>Scot

Scot,
I think you've just hit the nail on the head.  Almost all of my tanks have a
mirror-like mylar backing taped on.  And generally cichlid aggression is
low.  I do know that 'Duddley' the gigantic Angelfish gets 'mad' at himself
on a regular basis, more so when the algae is scraped off the glass.
Recently we did an experiment and held up a photograph of himself in the
front of the tank.  He went into high dugeon.  All his fins expanded to
their full glory and he gave the picture the 'evil eye'.  Excellent
opportunity for another photograph too. :)

Gabriella