Re: Hydra

Thanks for the feedback already this morning.  I just wanted to clarify that
they aren't hydra, I have dealt with them before in the past (Clout works on
them too).  The things are a millimeter or so long and have a short filament
that attaches to a white, semi-translucent tuft.   Imagine that the plant
leaf, tank wall or other surface to which it is attached is the vertical
line:

|--O    <-- 'tuft'

Sorry about the visual, If I had my web site up, I would post a picture.
They don't have 'arms' like a hydra.  They quickly spread and populate
exposed surfaces, tufting out every couple of millimeters.  They are on the
glass and plant leaves mostly and showed up about the same time as the brown
algae infestation, but only in two of my once heavily planted tanks.  Clean
the surface and they come back (as does the algae).  Both tanks are fairly
well lit too - one is a 10 gallon with 2 x 15 W full spectrum bulbs.

As I mentioned my earlier post this morning, I am attempting to return to
the hobby after a long time off.  I am in an area with very different water
conditions than I had when I was previously into aquariums and am
encountering a whole new set of challenges (like these weird tuft things).
Please bare with me and thanks again for your help.

Chad