Re: "Amazonia" on PBS

In a message dated 2/24/00 8:49:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kutty@earthlink.net writes:

> I caught the last half hour.  I was pretty impressed.  Did they say what
>  river system they were focusing on?  I saw some Cardinal tetras, Festivums
>  and some surinamensis-types so it had to be up north somewhere.

they did not say the tributaries in question, the only mention was the
"birth" of the amazon being the confluence of solimoes and negro, and the
waters not mixing for miles.

>  cant get the image of the Jaguar swimming - shot from a few feet below the
>  animal!  Wow!

don't want to be too skeptical but a lot of shots are staged (or edited from
different takes of different animals/locations), as i said... you can see in
many of the fish feeding shots that it did seem clearly staged (either in the
river or in a tank), esp. the matamata and tucunare shots.  wow, imagine a
tank big enough to have a jaguar wading in it... :-)

vinny, i can send you a tape of it in exchange for some apistos... :-)

tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA