Distichodus (was u/w filming was amazonia)

In a message dated 2/28/2000 1:14:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
apistowise@bewellnet.com writes:

> Is it D. decemmaculatus? Now that is a fish I've always wanted to get a
hand
> on. Bronze & green with 10 diagonal spots along the flanks.

no, i have affinis.  cute as hell.  very nice red fins and a reticulated
silver scale pattern.  they are soooooooo cute... they run up to the glass
when they see me and they are just 2" (5 cm) each.  i know they 'll get a
little bigger but at least not like those 3'  (1 meter) long ones
(sexfasciatus, lusosso etc.).  at the ny wildlife conserv. center, aka bronx
zoo, in their new congo exhibit, there's a big tank with Distichodus
sexfasciatus, congo tetras and some catfish.

>  Quick, where's my titanium jock strap when I need it!!

oh geezus, mike, thanks for the mental picture... now i won't be able to eat
for days...

tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA