Subject: making water acid - UK

John,
When I'm in Europe(once a year)I usually stock up on a peat product from
Sera.It is a filter bag filled with peat granules(just like Fluval's but
much cheaper)made for pond filters.I think it comes in 1l and 2l size bags.
I cut the bag and use the granules in a regular filter just like any other
filter material.
I got that tip from a Discus farm owner in Germany.
It is not messy at all and works for me to soften my water.
I lower my Ph with CO 2 injection,I don't want to go to deep into that.
That's more for the plant list.
Hope this helps
Max