sexing sp Tucurui

Hi
Does anyone have any experience with these guys.  I just went out to
North Tonowanda yesterday ( I am nuts, a 6 hour drive one way ) to check
out what The Fish Place had for apistos.   Well I came home with a few
things, but what i'm getting at here is they had a tank with a dozen or
less nicelyl colored Tucurui.  I passed on them because i thought they
were all females.   All the fish had nice black markings on their pelvic
fins.   Thinking this was a female trait i didnt get any because I
didn't just want girls.  Well after getting home, I looked in Romers
book Cichliden Atlas and it shows males with black pelvic fins.   Is
this correct??  Please tell me i didnt leave Buffalo with no Tucurui
because i was stupid.   They really looked nice too.  Not knowing much
about them I passed until I knew more.   Hope it didn't make a mistake.

For anyone on the list in the area, they also had a tank with some nice
young Mendezi with a location, tank FULL of female Panduros ( no males),
gorgeous Orange Flash Cacatuoides, tank full of female Viejita ll's,
Cruzi and some westies.  My nice buy of the day is a gorgeous pair of
Nanochromis Transvestitus.   Hope I'm lucky with them this time around.
They also had Subocellatus Matadi, Taeniatus Nigerian Red, tons of other
stuff.

Sorry if I sound like I'm promoting the place.  If you have ever been
there, you can't help but love the place.   Jake and Pete run a great
shop.   I love the place so much i made the 6 hour trip through a snow
storm just to go there.  You name it they  have it.

Any help on the Tucurui would be appreciated.  I would go back and get
the rest of the tank if I knew how to sex them properly.   Thanks alot

John Wubbolt