Re: sexing sp Tucurui

John,
When I was bagging my Tucurui young adults and sexing them, I studied the
caudal fin.  The male has spangling the female does not.  A magnifying glass
is essential while examining the caudal fin.
When you return on your wee 'trip' I would advise you to purchase, if
possible more females than males.  I had success with a trio (1 male 2
females) housed in a 39" x 20" x 16" tall tank sharing with a breeding pair
of Uaru.  I found the Tucurui to be excellent parents.
Helen