Re: Dicrossus sp. Rio Negro

This is a fish that I got at the 1984 Detroit ACA Convention. I believe Dolores
Sherr (probably wrong spelling) had spawned them. Unfortunately they didn't
handle the 2 day trip back to Denver well and lost most of them. Consider them a
difficult species requiring extreme blackwater conditions for breeding. Wolfgang
Windisch wrote an excellent article on this fish, including natural history &
breeding, in: Windisch, W., 1992, Dicrossus sp. „Rio Negro, D.A.T.Z. 45(12):
767-770. ASG members can get a copy of this article + an English translation from
me.

Mike Wise