Re: Laetacara flavilabris

Lisa,

Sorry for the late reply.  Mine spawned at 73°F and they had their eggs for 4 days and then it disappeared.  I think if I'd spawned them at 80°F like I do most of my other SA cichlids, the eggs would have hatched after 3 days and freeswimming after another three.  I now have a heater in the tank and it is a 80.  When they spawn again, I'll let you know what they do.  These are truly beautiful fish - I took some pics of them last week and the orange dorsal fin extensions are really pretty.  I'll put them up on my site one of these days. I'll keep you posted.

Vinny

Hey All,

Does anyone know how long it takes for the eggs to hatch? Or how long it
takes for them become freeswimming?
My flav's spawned for me today and I was curious.

Thanks,

Lisa