N. Anomala

I recently bought several Anomala. I put them in a 20 long, ph 6.0, temp 80
degrees.  The tank is heavily planted and has 8 white clouds and 8 c.
habrosus.
There are slate platforms under the plants, a large concave piece of
driftwood, and a whole coconut shell cut to create a cave.  I use an
aquaclear canister filter.  The water flow from the filter is very low.  I
feed them daphnia, tubifex, frozen and live brine shrimp.

I have had these fish for a month.  They will not spawn.  As a matter of
fact the male beats the he** out of the others so much that I removed them
and left one female in the tank.  He seeks her out and chases her around the
tank.  Are all Anomalas this cantankerous?

Francine in MD
Fish - photography - genealogy