Re: N. Anomala

Hi Francine

I have had N. anoala for over a year now.  One 20 gallon tank with two male
and two females.  One 15 gallon long that has 3 males and 2 females.  I
have never had any trouble with the fish fighting or chasing each other
around very much.  In fact I have had them spawn in these tanks and get
wrigglers  but no living fry after that.

Jason Clark

At 11:19 AM 03/10/00 -0800, you wrote:
>I recently bought several Anomala. I put them in a 20 long, ph 6.0, temp 80
>degrees.  The tank is heavily planted and has 8 white clouds and 8 c.
>habrosus.
>There are slate platforms under the plants, a large concave piece of
>driftwood, and a whole coconut shell cut to create a cave.  I use an
>aquaclear canister filter.  The water flow from the filter is very low.  I
>feed them daphnia, tubifex, frozen and live brine shrimp.
>
>I have had these fish for a month.  They will not spawn.  As a matter of
>fact the male beats the he** out of the others so much that I removed them
>and left one female in the tank.  He seeks her out and chases her around the
>tank.  Are all Anomalas this cantankerous?
>
>Francine in MD
>Fish - photography - genealogy

Jason Clark

"Good things come to those that wait,