Literature, Mike and BB

Hi all,

Just finished reading the latest BB (Buntbarsche Bulletin, the ACA
publication), if you don't get it, you should sign up, just for this
latest article....Mike's (Mike Wise) on "A suggested Phylogeny for
Apistogramma Species Groups".  It is awesome, the location maps are
incredible (glad they published them with colors).  This is on of the
reasons why I belong to ACA and ASG is to get literature like this.  Makes
it all worth while.  I know someone just published the way to get the
Apistogram (ASG membership), for ACA email Mark Barnett at
membership@cichlid.org, or for back issues Rusty Wessel at rustyw@aye.net,
I know they also use to have CD roms of back issues really reasonably
priced as well.

Someone else asked about other literature a ways back....Mike's
publications in
BB and the Apistogram are great.  The other places I found before I
finally looked Mike up and started picking his brain were old
back
issues of magazines/BB.  (Mike probably has the most complete sources)
On the classification of species into groups/complexes were.....Mar/April
1974 BB..."A checklist of Named species of Apistogramma" by Mark McMaster,
The December 1991 issue of BB, a special all apisto issue...with a
"Nominal List of Apistogramma Species" by Mike Wise, as well as many other
articles.  Wayne Leibel with "Apistos in the Aquarium" in AFM in 3/1994.

With the new species and literature coming out it is very exciting.
I know we will all see a lot changing in the next decade.

Kathy