NEC reports

Hello All
I was able to go down to Hartford CT for the NEC weekend.   If you
didn't get a chance to go you missed out on a good weekend.   The
speakers were awesome.  I know this is an apisto list, but when you get
a chance to hear and meet Stuart Grant, you do so.   His combined
presentation with Tom Herman, Larry Johnson and a few other Canadians
was very impressive.    Rosario Lacorte was there and did an excellent
presentation, Lee Finley was great, so was Mike Schadles livebearer
talk, Claus came over from Europe and gave great talk on plants, Chuck
Davis and Wayne Leibel were also great.   You certainly couldn't beat
the speaker line up, oh I forgot to mention Ad Konings, he did his usual
spectacular Talk, great underwater slides.

Then there was the convention goers.  I got to meet the Olsens, talking
to Kathy was great.   Runniing into so many people was wonderfull and i
didn't even stay for the auction today.   The Montreal clubs were well
represented there this year, always great to talk with them.  Not much
tank space, but did buy some great F1 Guianacara sp Red Cheeks, that
were locally bred by Tom Ganley, who collected the fish himself.   Great
buy for me, there were lots of apistos there.   Waterlife Imports was
there and had some great looking fish, along with JIm Carmack of Oceans
Unlimited.   He had some nice stuff too.   They sold out quick on the
harder to find stuff.   I spent quite a bit of time talking to the
vendors and their products this year, talking with Ray lucas is always
enjoyable, talked to Steve Vernon about a new food line, Omega one,
bought some at a local pet shop, Puppy Center ( awesome shop i might
add) and will give it a try.   Even bought some Cyclops eze that i hear
is supposed to be a great alternative to newly hatched brine shrimp,
i'll let you know soon enough.

Over all, i had a great time, would have liked to stay for the auction
today, but my travelling buddy had to be home for today( we went in his
car so i couldn't complain or i would have, you know me better)

Just wanted to say that if this gets back to Dave and Janine Banks, that
they did a great job again, so did all the NEC people who ran the
weekend.

John Wubbolt