shells

Jerry,

Thanks for the web site, some good deals on shells here.  Erik and I buy
them in the shell shops for Jewelry, then they are like 10cents a shell or
so.  The bad thing on the site is the $50 min order, we will have to do it
as a club.  For awhile the fish stores that sold snails would practically
give us the shells of the ones that died, then they caught on.

Another shell.....a small PVC elbow with the cap on the end.  A little
more expensive (in the 30-50 cent range), the good thing though is that
you can remove the "shell" and the fish at once from the tank, then take
off the cap and get the fish out when it is time to go to another
tank/owner/lfs.  A handy trick.  IF they are stuck in a regular shell,
putting the shell on a tower high of the ground and leaving it, they will
eventually come out and stick to the bottom of the tank.  You can then
pull the shell and catch the fish.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Kathy