Re: Problems with a gift!/e-store ideas

I have now replaced the battery and reset the clock!  If there is still a
problem then let me know. The time zone is correct and the time is correct
as far as I'm aware:-0.
Thanks for the advice from everyone on the list as to the cracked glass.
I'll ask the giver for clarification on how it happened (I think someone
knocked it when it was being moved), sort out any problem, and then remove
the old panel and repalce it.
While on the subject, has anyone tried using marble as a substitute for
glass?  I have access to marble at very reasonable prices (more than glass,
but not much - one of the advantages of being in Spain), I can't remember my
chemistry that well, after all it was 20 years ago, would it be effected by
the water/acidity in an apisto tank, what about the strenth aspect; how
thick would it need to be? Any and all advice would be truly apreciated?
I'd like to add how much this list is appreciated - my life would be a lot
poorer without it. Even with the remarks about time keeping. BTW , I reset
the internal clock every time I switched the cop. on, but sometimes forgot,
which explains the prev. probs.
Sorry for the long post.
Colin